MUMBAI: Indraneil Sengupta is an Indian film and television actor known for his work in the Hindi and Bengali entertainment industries.
He is originally from Calcutta but has currently settled in Mumbai with his wife Barkha Sengupta. He has been part of countless Hindi and Bengali projects (both movies and TV series) and has gained immense popularity and fame during his career.
Today we will take note of his personal and professional facts which are not known to everyone. Scroll down for the deets …
Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Ankit Singh Joined Zee TV’s Kumkum Bhagya
1. Few people know that despite being Bengali, Indraneil was born in Ahmedabad (Gujarat), which is his hometown.
2. He graduated before embarking on his modeling career. After stabilizing his career in the world of showbiz, he is currently settled in Mumbai with his family.
3. During her modeling career, Indraneil has featured in numerous advertisements for branded products such as “Tata Indigo Marina” (car), “VIP Frenchie” and “Aquafina”.
4. In 1999, Sengupta was a finalist in the Gladrags Manhunt competition, in which John Abraham was declared the winner. After his remarkable emergence, he posed for fashion designer Rohit Bal.
5. Indraneil even worked for choreographers like Marc Robinson and Achala Sachdev.
6. Later he appeared in music videos like âPal Pal Tere Yaad Satayeâ by Falguni Pathak; one for the South Indian singer Yesudas’ Hindi album and a remix of the old movie song ‘Koi diya jale kahin (rum pum bum)’, which was sung by Asha Bhosle from the movie Bees Saal Baad.
7. In 2004, Indraneil made her Bollywood debut with the film Shukriya: Till Death Do Us Apart, which also starred Aftab Shivdasani, Shriya Saran and Anupam Kher.
8. In 2006, he made his small screen debut on STAR Plus – Pyaar ke do naam … Ek Radha Ek Shyaam. The same year he performed the role of Tushar in Banoo Main Teri Dulhann and gained popularity with households for the same.
9. In 2007, Indraneil competed in Nach Baliye 3 as a âWild Cardâ contestant with his then girlfriend (now wife) – Barkha Bisht Sengupta.
10. On March 1, 2008, Indraneil and Barkha got married and the duo were lucky enough to have a daughter – Meera Sengupta, born in October 2011. Indraneil and Barkha became popular as an off-screen TV couple from from the moment they dated. others as they were the main co-stars of the TV show, namely – Pyaar ke do naam … Ek Radha Ek Shyaam (2006). After the wedding, they again featured as the main couple in Doli Saja Ke (2008).
11. This same year, Sengupta landed a negative role for the very first time playing the on-screen role of Mohan Kanta (a British Indian Army man known for betraying his revolting independence regiment) in the film. horror 1920, directed by Vikram Bhatt.
12. The same year, Indraneil won the ITA award for âIdea Glamor Face of the Year (Male)â.
13. In 2009, he made his big screen debut for Bengali film Angshumaner Chhobi opposite Bengali actress Indrani Haldar, followed by Janala the same year. In both films, he played the role (s) of Angshuman. Sengupta received the Anandalok Award for ‘Fresh Face of the Year Male’ (2009) for Anshumaner Chobi.
14. At the end of 2009, he portrayed the daring role of a romantic bisexual in Kaushik Ganguly’s Arekti Premer Golpo. His love interest in this film is director Rituparno Ghosh, in which the director starred for the very first time as an actor.
15. Throughout 2010-12 he devoted himself entirely to big screen projects, the majority of which were Bengali films, including the Bengali hit films Autograph with Prosenjit Chatterjee (2010), Aparajita Tumi and Elar Char Adhyay (in 2012). In the same year, Indraneil played a special role in the starring film Vidya Balan and the hit Bollywood film directed by Sujoy Ghosh, Kahaani.
16. This same year he also played a cameo role in a Bangladeshi film – Chorabali.
17. In 2013-14, apart from his other projects, he starred in the popular Bengali film Mishawr Rawhoshyo, for which he even won the Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actor (Bengali)”.
18. In the meantime, after taking part in many other projects in Hindi, Bengali and even Assamese (both movies and TV series), Indraneil was last seen on the small screen in the Hindi TV show Yeh Hai Chahatein, which aired on TV in 2019 as a spin-off of his OG and one of the most popular Hindi TV shows – Yeh Hai Mohabbatein.
19. In 2020, Sengupta also made his debut on the Bengali OTT show Love and Affairs aired on the Hoichoi platform, in which he played the role of Abhishek. Subsequently, the same year, he also starred in two other Hindi OTT shows – Abhay 2 (Zee 5) and The Gone Game (Voot).
20. It seems that Indraneil is filming for his next Bengali project Tarulotar Bhoot, which was shot against the backdrop of rural Burdwan (West Bengal) last February, opposite Bengali actress Ishaa Saha.
To read also: EXCLUSIVE! Baalveer Returns fame Vansh Sayani is set to play Jagya in Balika Vadhu 2